331 Graham Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211 Phone: 646-241-9239 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/adnanfiroze Twitter: @a_firoze Web: www.thewindbag.com|
My solemn objective is to envision, research and implement innovative technologies in the digital media industry. This includes user experience tools, apps, data visualization, sensors, novel reporting, audience engagement and new forms of media technology.
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, NEW YORK, NY, USA Dual M.S. in Journalism and Computer Science.(Expected) May, 2016
NORTH SOUTH UNIVERSITY, DHAKA, BANGLADESH B.S. Computer Science and Engineering. Jan, 2012. Concentration in Intelligent Systems, Data-mining, Fuzzy Systems; Minor in Linguistics; summa cum laude
Web Development Intern – May 2014 – July 2014 – TECHNUF, Germantown, Maryland
- Singlehandedly developed complete website technuf.com
- Developed and deployed complete WordPress based platform
- Designed and implemented renovated company branding.
Associate Editor and Staff Writer – Feb 2012 – May 2013 – DHAKA COURIER, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Reported on science, technology, society and economics
- Wrote feature articles and news stories – dhakacourier.com.bd
- Edited and Maintained the ‘Technology’ section
Staff Technical Writer – Feb 2012 – Jun 2013 – UNITED NEWS BANGLADESH, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Maintained the procedural website – http://www.unbnews.org
- Conducted ‘WordPress’ based customizations
Instructor and Researcher – EECS Department – Nov 2012 – July 2014 – NORTH SOUTH UNIVERSITY, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Taught undergraduates C, C++, Java and web development
- Conducted research on data mining, machine learning and digital image processing.
- Published research in reputable journals e.g. Springer, IEEE, ACM.
- Bangla User Adaptive Bangla Word Speech Recognition – Approaches and Comparisons. International Journal of Fuzzy System Applications (IJFSA). Volume 3 Issue 3. 2013.
- Dermatological Disease Diagnosis using Color-skin Images. Proceedings of International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics. IEEE. 2012.
- Asdsadas asdasd asdasdsa
- Mining ICDDR,B Hospital Surveillance Data Using Locally Linear Embedding based SMOTE Algorithm and Multilayer Perceptron. Adnan Firoze. 7th Asian Conference on Intelligent Information and Database Systems 2015 (ACIIDS 2015). Accepted by Springer for ‘Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence‘.
- Bangla User Adaptive Bangla Word Speech Recognition – Approaches and Comparisons. International Journal of Fuzzy System Applications (IJFSA). Volume 3 Issue 3. 2013. http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.4018/ijfsa.2013070101
- Dermatological Disease Diagnosis using Color-skin Images. Proceedings of International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics. IEEE. 2012. 10.1109/ICMLC.2012.6359626
- BANGLA Isolated Word Speech Recognition. Adnan Firoze, M. Shamsul Arifin, Ryana Quadir, Rashedur M. Rahman. 13th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS) (Location: China) (2) 2011: 73-82. (Full Text / PDF) (Citations)
HTML, CSS, PHP, WordPress, Web Analytics, eCommerce tools like Neto and BigCommerce
Adobe Creative Suite i.e. Lightroom. Premiere, Photoshop, Audition, Professional Photography
R, Matlab, Processing (DataViz), MySQL, Oracle, Excel
Covered culture, transportation, entertainment and wrote feature articles in Dhaka, Bangladesh and Astoria, NY
- All Bangladesh Genius Hunt Runner-up – certified by ACM
- Geffen Scholarship Recipient for magazine writing at Columbia Graduate School of Journalism
- International Correspondence Director position at All Asians Debate 2008
- Google Scholar
- Geffen Scholarship Recipient
- Professional level and campus award winning rock drum player
- Foreign Language(s): Bengali (native expertise), Hindi (operational speaking), Urdu (operational speaking)
- Google Scholar certification link: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Yatk4KgAAAAJ